Thursday, April 10, 2008

Within the Stone


 I purchased a new book titled, Within The Stone, by Bill Atkinson. It is the most beautiful book I've ever owned. If you are into rocks and minerals, you will love this book. I find myself catching my breath when gazing upon the stunning photos of specimens of polished rocks. WOW! I get transported directly into the stone, into the patterns, into the colors...This book is unreal. And, to top it all off, Mr. Atkinson commissioned seven writers to compose a total of 70 phenomenal literary pieces about the rocks they were assigned to free-associate about. There will be hours, upon hours of enjoyment given to me when cuddled up with this book (and a piece of that lemon yogurt cake). I am in awe...
Click to see the book at BillAtkinson.com. More of Bill's fantastic images can be seen HERE.

2 comments:

pj said...

wow, his website is amazing... wonder if he'd let me featured him at east/west :)

Laurie Haines said...

Who knows...He is one of the founders of Apple Computer. I'll show you the book. It is astounding.